Guys, please help me! Kindly answer the questions which you think is easy. I just couldn't get the hang of it. PLEASE! POST THE NUMBER/S YOU ANSWERED and its solution! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
1. Train A leaves a station 1/2 hour ahead of train B. The trains travel on parallel tracks. Train A travels at 25 kilometers per hour while train B travels at 35 kilometers per hour. How many hours will it take train B to overtake train A?
2. Mr. A. and Mr. B., driving their respective cars left the same place. Mr. A went north and Mr. B went south. Mr. A. drove at 50 kilometers per hour while Mr. B. at 60 kilometers per hour. In how many hours were Mr. A and Mr. B 120 kilometers apart?
3. Three hundred people attended a band concert. Reserved seat tickets were sold at $100 each while general admission tickets cost $60 each. If the sales totaled $26,000, how many tickets of each type were sold?
4. Mark can finish a task alone in 24 days while Andrie can do the same task in 18 days. If they work together, how long can they finish the task?
5. How many milliliters of water must be added to 240 milliliters of a 25% sulfuric acid solution to reduce the percentage of sulfuric acid in the new solution to 10%?
6. How many liters containing 8% acid should be added to 20 liters containing 60% acid in order to obtain a 40% acid solution?
7. In a NBA Basketball game, team X scored a total of 95 points. The team made five 3-point baskets. The number of the team's field goals (2 points each) is twice the number of free throws (1 point each) they made. How many free throws and how many field goals did the team make?
8. A children's playground is rectangular. The length is three times its width. If the perimeter is 504 meters, what are the dimensions of the playground?
9. Mr. Jackson invested a sum of money at 4% simple interest and another sum which is $100,000 more than the first sum, at 5%. The annual income from the two investments is $17,000. How much was Mr. Jackson's investment at each rate?
10. Mr. Sales invested $800,000 partly at 5% simple interest and the rest at 10%. The amount of interest per year is the same as the amount of the interest he would receive by investing the entire $800,000 at 8.75%. How much did Mr. Sales invest at each rate?
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ANSWER ANY ANSWER YOU THINK IS EASY..
I GIVE MY SINCEREST APPRECIATION TO THOSE WHO HAVE THE TIME TO STOP BY AND ANSWER THESE...THANKS SO MUCH!