A Crime Story
An elementary school teacher had her purse stolen. The thief had to be Lilian, Judy , David, Theo, or Margaret. When questioned, each child made three statements :
(1) I didnít take the purse.
(2) I have never in my life stolen anything.
(3) Theo did it.
(4) I didnít take the purse
(5) My daddy is rich enough, and I have a purse of my own.
(6) Margaret knows who did it.
(7) I didnít take the purse.
(8) I didnít know Margaret before I enrolled in this school.
(9) Theo did it.
(10) I am not guilty.
(11) Margaret did it.
(12) Lilian is lying when she says I stole the purse.
(13) I didnít take the teacherís purse.
(14) Judy is guilty.
(15) David can vouch for me because he knows me since I was born.
Later, each child admitted that two of his statements were true and one was false. Assuming this is true, who stole the purse?