Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree4Thanks
  • 1 Post By SlipEternal
  • 1 Post By SlipEternal
  • 2 Post By MarkFL

Thread: Homogeneous equation

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    From
    India
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    2

    Homogeneous equation


    Question 15
    Pls hlp


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by topsquark; Jul 12th 2018 at 12:49 PM.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,523
    Thanks
    1401

    Re: Help #1

    What have you tried? My first step is to plug in numbers and see what happens. If you plug in (1,1) to each function, you should get 2. If you plug in (-1,1) to each function, you should get 0. Try that, and it should leave you with one possibility. Verify that possibility is divisible by $2x-y$, and you are done.
    Thanks from sbjsavio
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Forum Admin topsquark's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    From
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    11,179
    Thanks
    741
    Awards
    1

    Re: Help #1

    @sbjsavio
    One question per thread. Good!

    But you must show some work so that we know where you need help.

    This is an awful lot of questions all at once. If you are having this hard a time you might want to speak with your instructor about it. We can help you on individual questions but your instructor is the best choice if you are having this level of difficulty.

    -Dan
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    From
    India
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    2

    Re: Help #1

    Quote Originally Posted by topsquark View Post
    @sbjsavio
    One question per thread. Good!

    But you must show some work so that we know where you need help.

    This is an awful lot of questions all at once. If you are having this hard a time you might want to speak with your instructor about it. We can help you on individual questions but your instructor is the best choice if you are having this level of difficulty.

    -Dan
    Ok i will try


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    From
    India
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    2

    Re: Help #1

    Quote Originally Posted by SlipEternal View Post
    What have you tried? My first step is to plug in numbers and see what happens. If you plug in (1,1) to each function, you should get 2. If you plug in (-1,1) to each function, you should get 0. Try that, and it should leave you with one possibility. Verify that possibility is divisible by $2x-y$, and you are done.
    Yeah thats enough


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    MHF Contributor MarkFL's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    From
    St. Augustine, FL.
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    780

    Re: Homogeneous equation

    Why do you keep telling us you're using an iPad and Tapatalk? I would think once is one time too many...
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  7. #7
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,523
    Thanks
    1401

    Re: Homogeneous equation

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkFL View Post
    Why do you keep telling us you're using an iPad and Tapatalk? I would think once is one time too many...
    Tapatalk does it without permission. I believe there is a setting somewhere in Tapatalk to turn that off. But I dont use Tapatalk.
    Thanks from topsquark
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  8. #8
    MHF Contributor MarkFL's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    From
    St. Augustine, FL.
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    780

    Re: Homogeneous equation

    Quote Originally Posted by SlipEternal View Post
    Tapatalk does it without permission. I believe there is a setting somewhere in Tapatalk to turn that off. But I dont use Tapatalk.
    Yeah, I was being "funny"...at the math help site I admin, I wrote code to suppress Tapatalk's annoying spam. If it were my site, I would remove Tapatalk altogether, because it sidesteps a great deal of my custom code by lazily bypassing most PHP plugin hooks. But it's not so I have to roll widdit.
    Thanks from topsquark and SlipEternal
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum