Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Please show me how to solve this equation

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    55

    Please show me how to solve this equation

    500/1+25e^.3x=200
    please show me the steps you would take to solve this equation.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Forum Admin topsquark's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    From
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    10,880
    Thanks
    619
    Awards
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbobaggins View Post
    500/1+25e^.3x=200
    please show me the steps you would take to solve this equation.
    I presume this is
    \frac{500}{1 + 25e^{0.3x}} = 200

    PLEASE use parenthesis!

    500 = 200(1 + 25e^{0.3x})

    1 + 25e^{0.3x} = \frac{500}{200} = \frac{5}{2}

    25e^{0.3x} = \frac{5}{2} - 1 = \frac{3}{2}

    Can you finish from here?

    -Dan
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by topsquark View Post
    I presume this is
    \frac{500}{1 + 25e^{0.3x}} = 200

    PLEASE use parenthesis!

    500 = 200(1 + 25e^{0.3x})

    1 + 25e^{0.3x} = \frac{500}{200} = \frac{5}{2}

    25e^{0.3x} = \frac{5}{2} - 1 = \frac{3}{2}

    Can you finish from here?

    -Dan




    25e^3= 3.55^x = 3/2?
    And then from that point is there anyway to solve algebraically or is it calc only? Or do we use natural logs?
    Last edited by bilbobaggins; Dec 14th 2007 at 08:15 PM.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Forum Admin topsquark's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    From
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    10,880
    Thanks
    619
    Awards
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbobaggins View Post
    25e^3= 3.55^x = 3/2?
    And then from that point is there anyway to solve algebraically or is it calc only? Or do we use natural logs?
    You are trying to be too complicated with this. Divide both sides by 25 to get the exponential term alone and then take the natural log of both sides. Then solve for x.

    -Dan
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Solve the differential equation (show steps!)
    Posted in the Differential Equations Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 19th 2010, 07:18 AM
  2. Someone please show me how to solve this!
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 1st 2009, 07:56 PM
  3. Can anyone show me how to solve this?
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 19th 2009, 02:16 PM
  4. Show how to solve for x
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan 22nd 2009, 08:24 PM
  5. Could you please show me how to solve this...
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 8th 2008, 09:54 PM

Search tags for this page

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum