need some help here.. im quite bad at maths and have trouble using my calc.
Okay.. first of all they give us some data:
Speed (km/h) Thinking Distance (m) Braking Distance (m)
32 6 6
48 9 14
64 12 24
80 15 38
96 18 55
112 21 75
5 questions that need to be answered:
1. Create two separate data plots:
- speed versus thinking distance
- speed versus braking distance
2. Algebraically develop functions that model the behavior of each data set as noted in step 1. Explain your work.
3. The overall stopping distance is obtained from adding the thinking distance to the braking distance. Create a data table of speed and overall stopping distance. Graph this data and describe the results.
4. Develop a function that models the relationship between speed and overall stopping distance. How is this function related to the functions obtained in step 2?
5. Overall stopping distances for other speeds are given below. Discuss how your model fits this data, and what modifications might be necessary.
Speed (km/h) Stopping distance (m)
So basically.. really dont know how to work this out... please give me some hints and explain how to do this on my calculator in detail .
I would be grateful for some help / ciao