Hi guys I need to solve puzzle. Can anyone help me with this ? Thanks for help.
1. Prospector Jack Smith has extracted some gold during the California Gold Rush. However, he had a little problem — bandits on the way home. Jack thought a lot and after a fifth of whiskey an idea struck him: use that bottle of whiskey to hide gold.
The idea was good enough and he was able to safely smuggle his catch.
How many kilograms of gold he extracted (assuming that the bottle was filled to 100%)?
(fractional number with two decimal digits.)
2. In the home state Jack sold his gold at the price which set by the U.S. government. He has disposed the money as follows:
- bought the ranch for $8000;
- donated the church $20;
- spent $9 for drinks;
- left himself $200 (and all change) for current expenses;
The remaining money he put in a bank account at 4% per annum.
How many dollars he put into the account?
3. It doesn't do to spend this $9 for drinks. On the way home the horse threw off its rider and Jack broke his neck in the fall, so that his family didn't learn where he put the rest of money. Two centuries later the great-great-...-great-grandson of Jack, Martin, received a notice from the bank that his ancestor owned the account.
How many dollars the bank will pay to Martin?
4. Marty was a very eccentric fellow, and he decided to spend all the money to realize his dream - to see the future. He applied to the company Cryonics Inc. where he was offered a contract for the following conditions:
- Payment for whole body cryopreservation = $150000;
- Pay an annual fee = $1000 first year, then increasing anniversarily by % inflation;
For how long (count in only whole years) he can sign the contract if the inflation is constant and equal to 2% per annum?
Once again thank you guys for any help.