Results 1 to 6 of 6

Math Help - get 54??

  1. #1
    Newbie bilalrouf's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9

    get 54??

    how to get 54.by using 1,6,8,9.

    each digit must be used only one time.

    you are free to use "+,-,/,* and breakets"
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Super Member
    earboth's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    From
    Germany
    Posts
    5,830
    Thanks
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by bilalrouf View Post
    how to get 54.by using 1,6,8,9.

    each digit must be used only one time.

    you are free to use "+,-,/,* and breakets"
    Hi, I don't know if you are looking for this(?):

    18 * (9-6)
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8
    if u are able to repeat digits:
    6 * 8 + 6
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    From
    USA
    Posts
    3,111
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by bilalrouf View Post
    how to get 54.by using 1,6,8,9.

    each digit must be used only one time.

    you are free to use "+,-,/,* and breakets"
    There IS a way!

    \frac{6}{1\;-\;\frac{8}{9}}\;=\;\frac{6}{\frac{1}{9}}\;=\;6*9\;  =\;54

    There is no other way. This one has only one solution.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    is up to his old tricks again! Jhevon's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    From
    New York, USA
    Posts
    11,663
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by TKHunny View Post
    There is no other way. This one has only one solution.
    what about what earboth did?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    Newbie bilalrouf's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by TKHunny View Post
    There IS a way!

    \frac{6}{1\;-\;\frac{8}{9}}\;=\;\frac{6}{\frac{1}{9}}\;=\;6*9\;  =\;54

    There is no other way. This one has only one solution.

    Thats great and really true.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum