sorry, but I'm not familiar with the function notation you are using.The function f is defined f:x > 1- 6x -3x^2
From what you've posted, I see the inequality ...
... is that what you meant?
The function f is defined f:x = 1- 6x -3x^2
1. evaluate ff(-2)
2. Calculate the exact values of x which map onto themselves under the function f.
ok i could do the first one(reletively simple) BUT the 2nd one i dont understand the question and cant do. CAN anyone explain what is meant by the 2nd question?????
Also this to
3. Determine the range of f
4. Explain why f has and inverse.
Question 2 ,3 and 4 i basically just dont understand can anyone explain them???
This is what I think you mean
1. Was to find (for which you have an answer already)
2. Was to find all x such that
so we have
by solving the quadratic.
3. The range of thats simple enough if you write so the range is as
Now the 4 question should be easy for you to solve.