Exactly what are the difficulties you are having with this?A companys profit for 2000 was 5 million. Each year, the profit increases by 2 million. Let p=f(t) represent the profit(in million of dollars) for the year that is t years after 2000.
1. Find an equation for f. Write the equation using f(t) notation. Also, write the equation in terms of p and t.
2. Use the equation for f to predict when the company will have a profit of 21 million.
3. In problem 1 you found the equation p=2t+5. Solve this equation for t.
4. Substitute 21 for p in your equation from problem 3 and solve for t
5. Compare your results for problems 2 and 4
6. Enter the equation you found in problem 3 in graphing calc to help complete the table:
7. In problems 2 and 4 you used two different methods for finding when the company will have a profit of 21 million. If the company wants to know when it might attain 15 different profit levels, which method would be the best to use?