i really need your help guys answering this problems so i can review it
1. A pasture is twice as long as it is wide. Its area is 115,200 ft^2. How wide is the pasture?
2.Find the length x in the figure, if the shaded area is 144cm^2.
Imageshack - 45417265.jpg/
3. A health clinic uses a solution of bleach to sterilize petri dishes in which cultures are grown. The sterilization tank contains 100 gal of a solution of 2% ordinary household bleach mixed with pure distilled water. New research indicates that the concentration of bleach should be 5% for complete sterilization. How much of the solution should be drained and replaced with bleach to increase the bleach content to the recommended level?
4. A merchant blends tea that sells for $3.00 a pound with tea that sells for $2.75 a pound to produce 80lb of a mixture that sells for $2.90 a pound. How many pounds of each type of tea does the merchant use in blend?
5. A wood cutter determines the height of a tall tree by first measuring a smaller one 125ft away, then moving so that his eye are in the line of sight along the tops of the tree, and measuring how far he is standing from the small tree. Supposed the small tree is 20ft tall, the man is 25ft from the smaller tree, and his eye level is 5 ft above the ground, how tall is the taller tree?
Imageshack - 66060481.jpg/
6.A plank 30ft long rests on top of a flat-roofed building, with 5 ft of the plank projecting over the edge, as shown in the figure. A worker weighing 240 lb sits on one end of the plank. What is the largest weight that can be hung on the projecting end of the plank if it is to remain in balance?
Imageshack - 52424697.jpg/
7. A woman driving a car 14ft long is passing a truck 30ft long. The truck is traveling at 50mi/h. How fast must the woman drive her car so that she can pass the truck completely in 6 s, from the position shown in figure (a) to the position shown in figure (b)? use feet and seconds instead of miles and hours.
Imageshack - 65717541.jpg
8. A running track has the shape shown in the figure, with straight sides and semicircular ends. If the length of the track is 440 yd and the two straight parts are each 110 yd long, what is the radius of the semicircular parts?(to the nearest yard)?
Imageshack - 40450674.jpg
thanks for helping