Fill in the bracket.
I have a number of completing the square tasks that I need to complete however have no idea where I am heading ha!
Could some one show me a step by step guide on completing the example below and then hopefully I will be able to apply this for the rest of the questions.
4Q² - 28Q + 59
1. Factor out the leading factor of the square from the variables.
2. Divide the leading factor of the linear summand by 2 and suare it.
3. Subtract this new square at once.
4. The first 3 summands in the bracket are a complete square.
5. Expand the bracket and collect the constants.
6. Multiply the complete square by the square-root of the leading factor (why?)