6x + 8y - 5 = 0
These are applications of the slope-intercept form. Yo umust know a few things:
1) y = mx + b - This is the form
1a) m is the slope
1b) b is the y-intercept.
1c) it is important to note that the x-intercept is NOT given in this form.
2) Parallel lines have the same slope.
3) Perpendicular lines have slopes with this property (m1)*(m2) = -1
That is ALL you need for these.
Put them in slope-intercept form, if possible
3x - 7x + 12 = 0 ==> x = 3
6x + 8y - 5 = 0 ==> y = -(3/4)x + (5/8)
Now the instructions:
Here's the line: y = mx + b
1) Same x-intercept as the first. ==> 0 = m(3) + b ==> b = -3m
Here's the line: y = mx - 3m
2) Parallel to the second: m = -3/4
Here's the line: y = (-3/4)x - 3(-3/4) = -(3/4)x + 9/4
You do the next one.
Note: I took the problem as presented. If there are typos, you'll get to work the real problem and show us how you did! :-)