Hi everybody. I have a few math questions that I need urgent help on. You don't have to do all, but can you please do the ones that you want to/can do?
Please include the steps of how you got the answer. Thanks so much!
If you can solve any by using different directions, feel free to do so.
Solve by the substitution method.
18. (y/2) - x = 1
22. 3b - 2a = 4
b/2 - (2a/3) = 1
26. a + b = 5000
0.08a = 0.06b - 20
Use n, d, and q for the # of nickels, the number of dimes, and the number of quarters, respectively.
6. Luis & Julia have the same number of coins. Luis has only dimes and Julia has only quarters. If Julia has $1.80 more than Luis does, how many coins does each have?
Solve, using two equations in two variables.
14. If you buy 6 pens and one mechanical pencil, you'll get only $1 change from your $10 bill. But if you buy 4 pens and 2 mechanical pencils, you'll get $2 change. How much does each pen & each pencil cost?
16. Melina Bowen receives an annual income of $234.50 from investing one amount of money at 6% and another amount at 5%. If the investments were interchanged, her income would increase by $5.10. Find the amounts she invested.
18. A grocer mixes together some cashews costing $8 per kilogram with some Brazil Nuts costing $10 per kilogram. The grocer sold 12 kg of the mixture for $8.50 per kilogram. How many kilograms of cashews were in the mixture the grocer sold?
20. If Bill rides his bike 3 mi to Fred's house & then walks with Fred the remaining 1 mi to school, it will take him 30 min. But if he rides the entire distance, it will take him only 20 min. Find his biking speed and walking speed.
22. Carl, Diane, & Ed together have $46. Carl has half as much as Diane, and Ed had $2 less than Diane. How much does each have?