Results 1 to 6 of 6

Math Help - Logarithm help, please

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    29

    Logarithm help, please

    Can somebody show me how to work out the following:

    Find x in each of the following:

    a) Inx=3

    b) log (10x)=3

    c) In (exex3xexe)=x
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor
    skeeter's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    From
    North Texas
    Posts
    11,863
    Thanks
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by AJShaw View Post
    Can somebody show me how to work out the following:

    Find x in each of the following:

    a) Inx=3

    b) log (10x)=3

    c) In (exex3xexe)=x
    change all three to exponential equations.

    what do you mean by exex3xexe ???
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    29
    "what do you mean by exex3xexe ???"

    It is e times e times 3 times e times e.

    Is it then In (e^4 times 3) = x ?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    MHF Contributor
    skeeter's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    From
    North Texas
    Posts
    11,863
    Thanks
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by AJShaw View Post
    "what do you mean by exex3xexe ???"

    It is e times e times 3 times e times e.

    Is it then In (e^4 times 3) = x ?
    yes.

    btw , it's ln , not In .
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    29
    Is this the final answer then, or do I still need to find x? Slowly getting it, I think.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    MHF Contributor
    skeeter's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    From
    North Texas
    Posts
    11,863
    Thanks
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by AJShaw View Post
    Is this the final answer then, or do I still need to find x? Slowly getting it, I think.
    \ln(3e^4) = x

    \ln(3) + \ln(e^4) = x

    \ln(3) + 4 = x
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 18th 2011, 07:04 AM
  2. logarithm
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 17th 2010, 04:23 AM
  3. Logarithm #2
    Posted in the Pre-Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 1st 2010, 05:29 AM
  4. Logarithm
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 17th 2009, 10:23 PM
  5. Logarithm
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 13th 2008, 10:05 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum