Hey guys I have a couple of questions about the topic stated above that I simply do not understand.
If you could help, it would be greatly appreciated.
These were questions in the textbook that I did not understand and with no answer in the back of the book. I have a test tomorrow and I am truly confused. If you could do out some of the problems and explain the steps, it would be greatly appreciated.
1. 8-2e^-x = 4
2. 7^x+3 = e^x
3. log(subscript 2)(x-4) + log(subscript 2)(x+4)=3
4. write [log(subscript 2) ((4x^3)/(x^2-3x-18))] as the sum and/or difference of logarithms
6. Using the graph of the exponential function y=3^x -1:
a. What is the value when x=4
b. what is the value when x=0
c. what is the domain
d. what is the range?
e. What is the horizontal asymptote?
7. A colony of bacteria grows according to the following function: N(t)= 200e^.045t where N is measured in grams and t is measured in days
a. what is the initial amount of the bacteria?
b. what is the growth factor?
c. what is the population of the bacteria after 5 days?
d. How long will it take the population to double?
8. Traces of burned wood along with ancient tools were found to contain approximately 2.67% of the original amount of carbon. If the half-life of carbon is 550 years, approximately when was the tree cut and burned?