is t years?
A company first started recording their profit making in december 2007, before the financial crisis. They recorded it quarterly for 2 years. It is recorded in 1000's dollars.
P(t) = t^2-9t+14
(x intercepts: 2 and 7)
(y intercept: 14)
(vertex: 4.5, -6.25)
1) When the company recorded its lowest profit, what quarter did this happen in?
2) when did there profit first start to rise?
3) Find P(t) when t=0
4) When did the profit reach 20 000 dollars?
5)calculate k if the company made no loss.
P(t) = t^2-9t+14+k
oh ok, my apologies. i was unclear.
1) the lowest profit would occur at the vertex, so 4.5, which i assume would be part of the first quarter of the second year.
2) the profit first started to rise right after the vertex, after x=4.5, but it didnt actually become positive until the x-intercept x=7
so since this is only for the first two years, the profit has not reached $20,000 yet.
5) im not sure what exactly part 5 means.sorry