I hit a blank. Can you guys help me with these questions?
1. 5(2a-5)+4(1-a)=3 What is a?
2. 2m-3(4-m)=2(m+1)-17 What is m?
5. Sam Lichinsky has 4 times more dimes than quarters in his coin collection. He has 65 half dollars. The face value of his half dollars is half the face value of the dimes and quarters combined. How many dimes does he have? How many quarters does he have?
6. A bus leaves the bus terminal with y passengers. When the bus comes to the first stop, 3/5 of the passengers get off and 4 passengers get off. Write an expression in y for the number of passengers on the bus when it leaves it's first stop.
At the second stop, 1/4 of the passengers leave the bus and 9 passengers get on. If the number of passengers on the bus now is only half that when the bus left the bus terminal, find the value of y.
7. ABC is an isosceles triangle with AB = AC
If angle B = 4/5x-14degrees and angle C = 1/2x+10degrees find the value of x.
8. Solve using the method of substitution.
9. Solve using the method of elimination
10. 5 apple pies and 3 ice-cream sundaes cost $73. An apple pie and 2 ice-cream sundaes cost $28.6. Find the cost of an apple pie and the cost of an ice-cream sundae.
Thanks you guys! This forum is the best forum ever for math help.