I have a question that I'm having a problem with. I have two samples (male and female).
Sample size: 40
Data that we're comparing:
1. Pulse Rate
- Standard Deviation = 11.29738
- Mean: 69.4
- Standard Deviation = 12.49862
- Mean: 76.3
2. Diastolic Pulse Rate
- Standard Deviation = 9.132886476
- Mean: 73.225
- Standard Deviation = 11.62642327
- Mean: 67.425
1. Perform a hypothesis to test the claim that the mean male pulse rate is the same as the
mean female pulse rate. Use alpha = 0.01.
2. Perform a hypothesis to test the claim that the mean male diastolic pulse rate is
greater than the mean female diastolic pulse rate. Use alpha = 0.01.
For each, I need to know:
- The null and alternative hypotheses
- Significance level and rejection criterion (either in terms of the p-value or the critical values)
- The calculations
- Whether to accept the null hypothesis
Thanks in advance!