..Assume that the population of heights of male college students is approximately normally distributed with mean m of 68 inches and standard deviation s of 3.75 inches. A random sample of 16 heights is obtained.
- Describe the distribution of x, height of the college student. Mr F says: Doesn't the question actually contain the answer to this ....?
- Find the proportion of male college students whose height is greater than 70 inches. Mr F says: Find Pr(X > 70). Without knowing how you've been taught to find such probabilities, nothing more can be said.
- Describe the distribution of , the mean of samples of size 16. Mr F says: Read this: Sampling Distribution
- Find the mean and standard error of the distribution. Mr F says: Read the link given above.
- Find P ( > 70) Mr F says: Do you mean Pr(Sample mean > 70)? If so, use the answers to 3. and 4. above to calculate it.
- Find P ( < 67) Mr F says: Do you mean Pr(Sample mean < 67)? If so, use the answers to 3. and 4. above to calculate it.