I am having trouble getting in contact with my lecturer so I am hoping for assistance here with a few questions and would like support in answering them.
The set data given are arrival times e.g. 11.59pm, 11.43pm,11.23pm ect. all on the same day.
1. Draw the histogram of the Arrival Distribution and use the 5% significance test to test whether it is coming from an exponential distribution.
Do I group the data into interval times?
How to solve exponential. Do I use f(x) = 1/theta . exp ^ -x/theta
2. Estimate the parameter of the distribution
3. Show that the estimate used to estimate its parameter is the best estimate
4. Suppose the population increase by 100% within the next 10 years give the equation of the predicted distribution and draw its histogram
5. If every 5th customer is getting a voucher give the arrival distribution of the customers who will receive a voucher
6. Give the distribution of the number of customers arriving in every half an hour