Some Questions in probability and statistics
1. Let X~Pois(1) what is the variance of X given x is bigger than 0?
I've tried to use the conditional variance formula but I had problems with calculating the
probability of x=k and x>0.
2. A worker calls his wife once a day. the length of each talk is independent of the others, its a random variable which distributes exponentially with a mean of 5.
One day the boss tells the worker that it is unacceptable and he has 3 more chances, if he calls his wife and talks for more than 10 minutes 3 times he will be fired.
What is the expected number of days the worker has before he gets fired?
d. e^2 + e^3
The parameter of the exponential distribution is 1/5... this is easy.
but I have no idea what should I do next.
some more questions I had trubles with
1. Let X1,X2 be independent random variables with equal distribution and CDF of:
Let the probability that Y is smaller or equal to 1 is:
d. none of the above
I don't even know how to start solving this question....
another question i ran into
1. The probability that a flip of a coin will get head is a continuous random variable P, with this PDF:
Let A be an event in which we got an head in the flip, what is the PDF of P given A?
another question which I solved but I'm not sure about the answer is:
2. What is the maximum estimator of
while is a constant who dose not depend on x:
d. none of the above.
I got d...