Results 1 to 5 of 5

Math Help - The CPU time requirement X

  1. #1
    Banned
    Joined
    Dec 2008
    From
    Mauritius
    Posts
    523

    The CPU time requirement X

    Question : The CPU time requirement X of a typical job can be modelled by the following distribution

    P(X \le t) = \alpha (1 - e_1^{\lambda_1 t}) + (1 - \alpha)(1 - e_2^{\lambda_2 t}), where \alpha = 0.6, \lambda_1 = 10 and \lambda_2 = 1.

    Compute
    i) probability density function of X
    ii) the mean service time
    iii) Plot the distribution function and the density function of X.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Flow Master
    mr fantastic's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    From
    Zeitgeist
    Posts
    16,948
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    Question : The CPU time requirement X of a typical job can be modelled by the following distribution

    P(X \le t) = \alpha (1 - e_1^{\lambda_1 t}) + (1 - \alpha)(1 - e_2^{\lambda_2 t}), where \alpha = 0.6, \lambda_1 = 10 and \lambda_2 = 1.

    Compute
    i) probability density function of X
    ii) the mean service time
    iii) Plot the distribution function and the density function of X.
    Go back and revise your basic definitions.

    You've been given the cdf: F(t) = \Pr(X \leq t.

    i) By definition: pdf = \frac{dF}{dt}.

    ii) By definition: mean = \int_{0}^{+\infty} t f(t) \, dt = ....

    iii) Either use a graphics calculator or an on-line plotting program.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Banned
    Joined
    Dec 2008
    From
    Mauritius
    Posts
    523

    Some more info about plotting on the grap

    Quote Originally Posted by mr fantastic View Post
    Go back and revise your basic definitions.

    You've been given the cdf: F(t) = \Pr(X \leq t.

    i) By definition: pdf = \frac{dF}{dt}.

    ii) By definition: mean = \int_{0}^{+\infty} t f(t) \, dt = ....

    iii) Either use a graphics calculator or an on-line plotting program.

    Mr fantastic could u please provide me with some link where i could understand how to plot the density and distribution function on the graph....
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Flow Master
    mr fantastic's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    From
    Zeitgeist
    Posts
    16,948
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    Mr fantastic could u please provide me with some link where i could understand how to plot the density and distribution function on the graph....
    Wolfram|Alpha
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Banned
    Joined
    Dec 2008
    From
    Mauritius
    Posts
    523

    Thank u Mr fantastic

    Quote Originally Posted by mr fantastic View Post

    Thank u Mr fantastic and Merry Christmas
    cheers mite
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 19th 2011, 03:27 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 6th 2010, 02:52 AM
  3. Cholesky decomposition - positive values requirement
    Posted in the Advanced Algebra Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 22nd 2010, 11:02 AM
  4. CPU time requirement (probability)
    Posted in the Advanced Statistics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 4th 2009, 03:49 PM
  5. Posting 2nd time(1st time didnt get anyhelp)
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 21st 2008, 08:21 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum