Results 1 to 4 of 4

Math Help - voltage question

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    477

    voltage question

    What is the voltage potential difference across a toaster of 13.7 ohms resistance when the current through it is 8.75 A?

    need help with this one please.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    is up to his old tricks again! Jhevon's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    From
    New York, USA
    Posts
    11,663
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmango View Post
    What is the voltage potential difference across a toaster of 13.7 ohms resistance when the current through it is 8.75 A?

    need help with this one please.
    another application of ohm's law.

    we use the formula V = IR

    => V = 8.75 * 13.7 = 119.88 volts
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Forum Admin topsquark's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    From
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    10,211
    Thanks
    419
    Awards
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhevon View Post
    another application of ohm's law.

    we use the formula V = IR

    => V = 8.75 * 13.7 = 119.88 volts
    Since the unit is named after a person, it needs to be capitalized.
    V = 8.75 A * 13.7 Ohm = 119.88 Volts

    -Dan
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    is up to his old tricks again! Jhevon's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    From
    New York, USA
    Posts
    11,663
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by topsquark View Post
    Since the unit is named after a person, it needs to be capitalized.
    V = 8.75 A * 13.7 Ohm = 119.88 Volts

    -Dan
    My apologies
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Voltage Change
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 2nd 2011, 04:10 AM
  2. Phototube and Voltage
    Posted in the Math Topics Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 10th 2011, 09:48 AM
  3. find the voltage across
    Posted in the Math Topics Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 12th 2010, 01:21 PM
  4. Random variables, resistance and voltage
    Posted in the Advanced Statistics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 4th 2010, 06:48 PM
  5. Approximate the voltage
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 1st 2010, 01:51 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum