These are a few I'm trying to solve now:
1. x^2+2x-24 I think my answer is correct but i'm not sure I ended up with x=4 and x=-6.
2. x^2-25=0ended up with -5 and 5 but to be honest I worked it so many times I'm not really sure what I did.
3. 2x+1/7 = x+2/5
4. x-2/x + 1/2 = x+2/2x
5. Solve for S r= s-a/s
6. solve by completing the square ---- x^2 + 5x -14 = 0
7. solve using quadratic ---- x^2 -5x -24 = 0
8.length of rect room is 5 feet longer than width area of room is 126 sq feet. what are the diminisions
9. s and j carried a ball for 26 plays. s gained 80 yards and j gained 100 yards. If j averaged twice as many yards per carry as smith, how many times did s carry the ball?
10. solve by quad. ----- 2x^2 +9x -3=0
Since I am having such a hardtime figuring out where to start I would apprieciate an explaination of the stages to the solutions