I am going through some solved problems, but I don't understand the answers very well... I would really appreciate it if someone could explain me the answers briefly. I know most of the problems ahead, but I don't have much of a clue about the first problem of this chapter.
Thanks a lot for your help!
The problem says:
"In each of Problems 1 through 6 determine intervals in which solutions are sure to exist.
2) or t<0
3) , or
So well, I understand the first one, and as for the others, I am confused about this:
2) Why can't be equal to zero?
3) Again, why can't be equal to 0 or 1?
4) It says that has to be positive, but why is that the case if can take negative numbers? Does that have anything to do with ?
5) I know tan(x) is not defined when x is equal to , etc. However, why aren't there any answers when ?
6) Is this result taken from ? If so, why?