Results 1 to 8 of 8

Math Help - Solve U=(I+S)(I-S)^(-1)

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    May 2010
    Posts
    4

    Solve U=(I+S)(I-S)^(-1)

    Sorry to bother you all, but I donīt know anywhere else to turn!!!

    (think I posted it in the wrong section before)

    Iīm new here, but my ex is trying to put me into trouble, and I need you help!!!

    Canīt give you the exact details right now but the problem is that he is threatening me with that I can' t solve this!!

    Could you please help me out??

    The question I have to answer:

    He says, solve this:

    U=(I+S)(I-S)^(-1)

    S is not symmetric,

    I is identity matris,

    then U is ortogonal.

    PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!

    Iīll give you a great hug!!! or a
    Last edited by mr fantastic; May 1st 2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Re-titled.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    From
    Florida
    Posts
    3,093
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Odense View Post
    Sorry to bother you all, but I donīt know anywhere else to turn!!!

    (think I posted it in the wrong section before)

    Iīm new here, but my ex is trying to put me into trouble, and I need you help!!!

    Canīt give you the exact details right now but the problem is that he is threatening me with that I can' t solve this!!

    Could you please help me out??

    The question I have to answer:

    He says, solve this:

    U=(I+S)(I-S)^(-1)

    S is not symmetric,

    I is identity matris,

    then U is ortogonal.

    PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!

    Iīll give you a great hug!!! or a
    Do you know the definition of a symmetric matrix?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Joined
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    Sorry!!!! But I donīt really know?

    Are you that one who can help me out anyway?

    I would really appriciate it you know........
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    From
    Florida
    Posts
    3,093
    Thanks
    5
    If you don't know what a symmetric matrix is, why are you insisting on doing this problem?

    Do you know what an orthogonal matrix is?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Joined
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    I am sorry!

    But itīs my ex who is trying to make me look stupid.

    This is hard for me, can you give me an answer to give him?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    From
    Florida
    Posts
    3,093
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Odense View Post
    I am sorry!

    But itīs my ex who is trying to make me look stupid.

    This is hard for me, can you give me an answer to give him?
    The fact that you know or don't know linear algebra doesn't imply that you are stupid. If you haven't taking the course, you wouldn't be expected to know the material then.

    Your post asks for help but in fact you just want an answer.

    Even if you are provided with the answer, do you think you are going to have the ability to explain it?

    You shouldn't care what someone thinks when they are acting in a childish way.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Joined
    May 2010
    Posts
    4
    Yes, i would understand it. I have a National exam in physics, but heīs trying me on this one..

    So can you answer it or not ???? I donīt get you???
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  8. #8
    Banned
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,261
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Odense View Post
    Yes, i would understand it. I have a National exam in physics, but heīs trying me on this one..

    So can you answer it or not ???? I donīt get you???

    You were already explained that if you don't know any linear algebra then you shouldn't be trying to do this question: it just doesn't make any sense.

    And nobody get's very worried about your saying about your ex threatening or whatever. One thing I can tell you: if he's really trying to make you look stupid then you probably shoud begin to ponder kick him away.

    Tonio

    Ps. By the way, the claim is false, if you're interested.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. need to solve summation equation to solve sum(x2)
    Posted in the Statistics Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 16th 2010, 11:29 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 9th 2009, 11:37 PM
  3. how do I solve this?
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 22nd 2009, 07:21 PM
  4. How could i solve?
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 2nd 2009, 03:18 PM
  5. Solve for x
    Posted in the Trigonometry Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 1st 2009, 01:33 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum